Why Vote NO?
12 Reasons why
this bond should be defeated
1. Over $1 Million for baseball concession stand & press box 2023 Bond Recap
2.. $500K in bond admin and closing costs; last year’s Prop A included failed Prop C admin and closing costs
3. $4.8M in Locker rooms – the previous and current estimate of $56.4M for “athletic facilities” didn’t include locker rooms?
4. $16.2M for Cavalier Stadium renovations – we renovate every bond cycle. Time to make choices
5. The bond represents failed Prop C ($93M) + $1.2M BCMS Turf + $46M for additional HS#2 facilities (above what was in Prop C + $500K bond closing. Maxing out our Credit Card.
6. We’ll be over $1 Billion in debt.
7. “Equity” is a farce; its 3A vs 5A – old vs new – we’ll never have equity.
8. $1.2M for golf facilities – we need to continue renting time from local tax-benefitted golf clubs, not build our own to maintain
9. We don’t have any understanding of what the Operating Costs for these athletic facilities (and other structures) will look like
10. Baseball and softball turf estimate rose from $1.14M in Prop C to $3.192M in this bond.
11. They will not bus the kids for athletics; they will bring back a more reasonable bond.
12. $4M in “Additions to Football / Soccer Stadium” – this proves the gold-plated point, don’t you think?